Home > Who We Are

Our History

Proudly Looking Back, Always Thinking Ahead

We opened on March 15, 1965, when Fred Glenn established his sole proprietor accounting firm in a small office on Marsh Street in downtown San Luis Obispo. Over the next 15 years, Stephen Burdette, David Phillips and David Bryson joined the firm, and the name was eventually changed to Glenn, Burdette, Phillips & Bryson.

Today, after more than 45 years of continuous client service, we now simply go by the name of Glenn Burdette. But the vision of our founders remains unchanged—to provide the highest level of accounting performance and service on the Central Coast. We look back with pride, but we are always thinking ahead

  1. 1965 Fred Glenn opens the doors of what would eventually become Glenn Burdette
  2. 1985 The main office building at 1150 Palm Street in San Luis Obispo is erected
  3. 1988 The firm name becomes Glenn, Burdette, Phillips & Bryson
  4. 1994 An office in Paso Robles is opened
  5. 1999 An office in Santa Maria is opened – our first in Santa Barbara County
  6. 2000
    • We are the first California CPA firm to form an ESOP (Employee Stock Ownership Plan)
    • The firm name becomes GBP&B Tax and Business Advisors
  7. 2008 We acquire the Santa Maria accounting firm Keith Lapp & Associates
  8. 2009
    • The Santa Maria office moves to a new building at 2222 South Broadway, Suite A
  9. 2011 Our name is streamlined to Glenn Burdette, positioning our brand for the future
  10. 2013 Our San Luis Obispo office is remodeled to better serve our clients and match our new branding
  11. 2015 We celebrate our 50th Anniversary
  12. 2017 Combined with San Luis Obispo accounting firm Radakovich, Shaw & Blythe, LLP