We opened on March 15, 1965, when Fred Glenn established his sole proprietor accounting firm in a small office on Marsh Street in downtown San Luis Obispo. Over the next 15 years, Stephen Burdette, David Phillips and David Bryson joined the firm, and the name was eventually changed to Glenn, Burdette, Phillips & Bryson.
Today, after more than 45 years of continuous client service, we now simply go by the name of Glenn Burdette. But the vision of our founders remains unchanged — to provide the highest level of accounting performance and service on the Central Coast. We look back with pride, but we are always thinking ahead.
Fred Glenn opens the doors of what would eventually become Glenn Burdette
The main office building at 1150 Palm Street in San Luis Obispo is erected
The firm name becomes Glenn, Burdette, Phillips & Bryson
An office in Paso Robles is opened
An office in Santa Maria is opened – our first in Santa Barbara County
We are the first California CPA firm to form an ESOP (Employee Stock Ownership Plan)
The firm name becomes GBP&B Tax and Business Advisors
We acquire the Santa Maria accounting firm Keith Lapp & Associates
The Santa Maria office moves to a new building at 2222 South Broadway, Suite A
Our name is streamlined to Glenn Burdette, positioning our brand for the future
Our San Luis Obispo office is remodeled to better serve our clients and match our new branding
We celebrate our 50th Anniversary
Acquired San Luis Obispo accounting firm Radakovich, Shaw & Blythe, LLP